Hydro Power Station Display
Completed in 1906, the Toronto Power Generating Station was a major component of Ontario’s energy production through the first half of the 20th century. The plant closed in 1974 and in 1983 it was designated a National Historic Site of Canada. In 2007, ownership of the plant was transferred to the Niagara Parks Commission who were tasked with re-purposing this spectacular piece of Canadian History. Starting in 2015 seventy-two programmable DMX lights were installed onto this historic building for the OPG Winter Festival of Lights, creating a spectacular sound and light show. The light show on the Toronto Power Generating Station is choreographed to music by the Trans-Siberian Orchestra. Watch this historic structure come to life during the Festival Season!